This pasta dish mixes Mediterranean flavours with nutritious canned vegetables and pulses to create a smoky, delicious family meal. Ideal for lunch or dinner, add as many vegetables as you like in the mix and enjoy served with a side salad. Check out this quick and easy-to-follow recipe below...
1 tbsp light olive oil
225g halloumi cheese, sliced into 2cm cubes
200g chorizo, sliced into thin slices
1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
120g can of mushrooms (sliced)
2 yellow peppers, stalks removed, deseeded and chopped into 2cm pieces
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes in a rich tomato juice
1 tsp smoked paprika
Pinch of sugar
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 x 400g can chickpeas in water, drained
1. Boil the fusilli for the time stated upon the packaging whilst heating the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat
2. Add the halloumi, chorizo and onion, frying for 5 minutes until the ingredients begin to brown.
3. Add the mushrooms and peppers and fry together for a further 3 minutes.
4. Pour the chopped tomatoes, paprika, sugar, black pepper and chickpeas into the pan and stir well. Leave to simmer and reduce for 10 minutes.
5. Once the sauce has reduced, add the drained fusilli and stir well until the pasta is well coated. Serve immediately.
|Saturated Fat (g)||16|