Canned prunes are so easy to use, so why not try these light and fluffy muffins? They’re packed full of fibre and make the perfect mid-morning snack or guilt-free breakfast to keep you fuller for longer.
75g soft unsalted butter
250g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
115g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium eggs
2 large ripe bananas – mashed
1 x 400g of prunes – drained
Chopped walnuts for the top (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with muffin cases
2. Grab your mixer or blender and place all the ingredients in except the fruit and nuts.
3. Mix well for up to a minute so everything is nicely combined.
4. Spoon into a bowl and stir in the prunes and banana gently so the prunes don’t squash too much.
5. Fill each case nearly to the top and sprinkle on the chopped walnuts (if are using them) and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Serve hot or cold with butter or your favourite topping.
|Saturated fat (g)||3.5|